Barcelona Guide To Booking Attraction Reservations
It’s no secret that Barcelona is one of the best tourist destinations in the world. Even during non peak times, getting into popular attractions can take hours. Luckily you don’t have to spend valuable time waiting in line. Many places offer online reservations that allow you to skip the line and head right in. This can be a struggle for the spontaneous types, but the advantages of reserving in advance far outweigh the negatives.
What Attractions Should I Reserve?
The good news is that you shouldn’t have to reserve too many things in advance. This allows you to be flexible around those few reserved attractions. If you plan on seeing the following attractions, it is highly advisable to book in advance. Failure to do so will mean you will be waiting at least an hour to get in. On really busy days, you may not get in at all.
- La Sagrada Familia – The #1 attraction in Barcelona. Wait times can hit several hours to see inside.
- Park Güell – Part of this park is free and requires no ticket to enter. If you plan on visiting the ticketed area, be sure to buy in advance for be waiting roughly an hour to enter.
- Casa Milà (La Pedrera) – Wait times can hit over an hour in the summer.
- Casa Batlló – Limited entry means you may get shut out if you don’t buy in advance.
- Picasso Museum – A very busy museum with long lines to enter. Roughly an hour wait without buying in advance. Thursday evenings and select Sunday afternoons offer free entry, but command even longer lines.
The following attractions are places are more optional and may depend on the time of year.
- FC Barcelona – Depending on who they play watching a game may be as easy as walking up day of or it could be sold out well in advance. There is also a tour of the stadium that is available if you can’t see a game.
- Fundació Joan Miró – Modern art museum can command long lines during peak season.
- Barcelona Aquarium – Can get long lines depending on the day and time of year.
How To Book
Booking a reservation is easy. Go to the attractions website and click on buy tickets.
You will have a list of ticket options to choose from. There is a basic ticket option and others which include an audio guide, ability to tour other parts of the building like La Sagrada Familia towers, or a private tour.
You will then select a day and a time. You maybe given a specific time or a time window that you need to arrive within.
After selecting your time, you add it to the car and pay. You may print out the ticket or in some cases you have the option of having a digital copy of your ticket and simply show your virtual ticket at the front with your phone. That’s all there is to it.
You spent a lot of time and money to get to Barcelona. One of the most frustrating things you can do is stand in long lines instead of enjoying the city. Be sure you take the time to reserve a few attractions and you will be able to maximize your time.